Volunteer Program Improvements Coming Soon
March 31st, 2023
Thank you to everyone who filled out our 2022 Volunteer Survey! Many great ideas were shared, some new, and some already in the works. Here is a list of some of the things recommended in the survey that are coming soon to make your volunteer experience better.
- A volunteer email newsletter, starting sometime in 2023 that will include:
- Project opportunities,
- registration openings,
- training opportunities,
- new volunteer opportunities,
- and more.
- Upgrades to the Volunteer Portal system starting summer 2023:
- Hours driven will be visible in your portal history,
- the name of your task will be visible in your portal history,
- volunteers will be able to cancel registrations without sending an email to the volunteer coordinator, and
- volunteers will be able to sign up for several days on the same project at one time.
Thank you for helping make our volunteer program better!
And congratulations to Jim Harrison who won the drawing for the SHTA Logo Sweatshirt. Jim volunteered at Mystery Mountain last year and has let us know he’s eager to be back on the SHT this year!
Barbara Budd, SHTA Volunteer and Education Coordinator