The Superior Hiking Trail is built primarily as a linear trail, meaning there are only a handful of loops or opportunities to “build your own” loop using other nearby trails. That means many trail users must choose to go out-and-back, use two cars for a self-shuttle, or utilize one of the professional shuttle or transportation services that operate along the SHT.
A few professional shuttle and transportation options we recommend:
- The Superior Shuttle runs a shuttle service throughout the year. It offers scheduled and customized shuttles to and from SHT trailheads seven days a week from mid-May to mid-October.
- Harriet Quarles Transportation offers shuttles mid-May to mid-October with pickups at the bus station or airport in Duluth and going to locations in Schroeder and north.
- Duluth International Airport is the nearest major airport for those flying in. Groome Transit, Jefferson Lines, and Landline service the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport to Duluth.
- In Duluth, there is the Duluth Transit Authority bus service or local taxi services, including Uber and Lyft.
- More information on Shuttle services can be found in this helpful document.