Trail Incident Report
If you see something, say something – The Superior Hiking Trail Association can keep the SHT as safe as possible for trail users.
If you or another SHT user needs medical attention or law-enforcement, call 911 immediately.
If you are in a situation where you need an immediate response but are unable to make a phone call, or might put yourself at risk by making a call, text a friend and ask them to call 911 with your exact location, state, and nature of the incident. Cell service is unreliable along much of the Superior Hiking Trail, but a text message may get through where a phone call will not.
Please use the Trail Incident Report form below if you:
- Observe threatening activity on the Trail and are not in immediate danger
- Observe vandalism or resource damage on the Trail
- Come across a downed tree after June 15th, 2022
- Find the Trail washed-out or undercut due to flooding
- Find displaced or damaged boardwalk or bridges
- Find confusing, mislabeled, or damaged signs on the Trail
- Encounter an aggressive or habituated animal on the Trail
- Find errors in our publications and maps
You can also email [email protected] to alert the Superior Hiking Trail Association’s staff. Please note that an email or form submission will not trigger an immediate response, particularly on weekends and after hours.