Join an SHTA Guided Hike!
Join SHTA for a guided hike, experience different sections of the trail, and meet others who enjoy the trail!
- SHTA weekend hikes begin at 9:00 AM rain, snow, or shine (unless otherwise noted).
- Each hike is led by a volunteer of the Superior Hiking Trail Association! Hike leaders may cancel or change the hike in the event of severe weather. The meeting location will always remain the same.
- Hikes are free of charge. No need to register.
- Wear sturdy boots or hiking shoes, bring lunch, water, and insect repellent.
- Due to past problems, dogs are not allowed on guided hikes.
- Hikes are rugged and often very challenging. Please assess your own abilities before deciding to participate. It is better to start small than to be overly ambitious about what you can handle. We offer a variety of hike lengths for this purpose.
How the shuttles work:
- Everyone participates in the group shuttle and everyone always drives their own car.
- The meeting place is always the end point of the hike.
- All of the hikers get into half of the cars and those cars go to the starting point of the hike and everyone does the hike.
- At the end of the hike, those with cars at the end point give people with cars at the start point a ride back to their cars.