Support the Trail through your membership to the Association
As a member of the Superior Hiking Trail Association, you help keep the Superior Hiking Trail one of the most desirable hiking and running destinations in the country. Your continued membership supports our work to:
- Empower volunteers with training opportunities, proper equipment, and guidance from our dedicated staff.
- Secure legal protection for the Trail’s corridor, trailheads, and campsites.
- Provide professional designs and high quality materials for trail renewal projects.
- Ensure that 300+ miles of rugged footpath is maintained every year.
- Provide you with up-to-date trail conditions, the acclaimed Guide to the SHT, maps, and hundreds of signs so you can safely find your way along the Trail.
We hope you’ll consider a renewing your membership to ensure the Trail remains the gem of Lake Superior’s North Shore.
Please note: As of September 2020, the SHTA has discontinued our pocket map series, and maps are no longer included in new member welcome kits or provided to current members. Maps can be purchased through our online store.
If you would prefer to mail your membership download the form here.
The Superior Hiking Trail Association is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Tax-ID: 41-1569104. All gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.