Support the Trail through your membership to the Association
As a member of the Superior Hiking Trail Association, you help keep the Superior Hiking Trail one of the most desirable hiking and running destinations in the country. Your continued membership supports our work to:
- Bring all 300+ miles of the physical trail up to modern, sustainable trail standards,
- Coordinate and train hundreds of volunteers to lead trail improvement projects, maintain dozens of campsites and trailheads, and passionately care for the Trail,
- Renew and replace bridges, boardwalks, trailhead signs, and stair ways that are due for updates and fixes,
- Enhance the Trail with mindful reroutes, new loops, and spurs to scenic locations,
- Clear and weed whip, every year, the 1.7 million feet of the SHT,
- Ensure the Trail’s corridor, integrity, and future is secured by partnering with dozens of public and private landowners, and
- Provide you with up-to-date trail conditions, the acclaimed Guide to the SHT, maps, and hundreds of signs so you can safely find your way along the Trail.
We hope you’ll consider a renewing your membership to ensure the Trail remains the gem of Lake Superior’s North Shore.
If you would prefer to mail your membership download the form here.
The Superior Hiking Trail Association is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Tax-ID: 41-1569104. All gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.