Ready to explore new peaks and vistas on the Superior Hiking Trail?
The Superior Hiking Trail Association invites you to complete the 2020 Summit Challenge! The rules to complete the challenge are simple:
- Hike, run, walk, or saunter to at least seven of the summits listed below by October 31, 2020.
- Snap a photo of the peak or vista and share it through your social media page with the hashtag #SHTSummitChallenge. (If you don’t use social media, don’t sweat this step — but we encourage you to take a photo for your own memories!)
- When you’re done, complete this short survey to share more about your experiences on the Trail.
Every participant who completes the challenge and the survey will receive a 2020 Summit Challenge button as a memento of your time on the Trail.
The Summits, listed from south to north:
- Railroad Vista (between Wild Valley Road and Jay Cooke State Park trailheads)
- Larry’s Lookout (on the Ely’s Peak Loop spur between 123rd Ave. W. and Magney-Snively trailheads)
- Stewart Knob Overlook (between Magney-Snively and Spirit Mountain trailheads)
- Downer Park Overlook (between Hartley Nature Center and Martin Road trailheads)
- Twelve Mile View (between Fox Farm East and Rossini Road trailheads)
- Breadloaf Ridge (between Gooseberry Falls State Park and the Split Rock River Wayside trailheads)
- Raven Rock (between Penn Blvd and Highway 1 trailheads)
- Glove Overlook (between Lutsen Mountains and Caribou Trail trailheads)
- Hunter’s Rock (between Lutsen Mountains and Caribou Trail trailheads)
- Pincushion Mountain (between Pincushion Mountain and Lindskog Road trailheads)
- Wildflower Hill (between Lindskog Road and County Road 14 trailheads)
- 270 Degree Overlook (the northern terminus of the SHT, north of Otter Lake Road trailhead)
Good luck on the Trail!
Please contact the SHTA at [email protected] with any questions.
Special thanks to Jennifer Osborne Anderson for once again donating her graphic design talents for the challenge.